Cowaramup Surgery on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays by appointment.
Bec Clayton – Pelvic Health Physiotherapist
Bec is a Pelvic Health Physiotherapist who has completed her Master’s degree in Continence and Women’s Health. She specialises in pelvic floor muscle assessment and rehabilitation. She can assess your pelvic floor muscle function using assessment techniques including real time ultrasound and prescribe a customised exercise program including biofeedback and other treatment options to achieve your goals.
Bec treats children, men and women throughout the life span, including women during pregnancy, after childbirth and who have gone through menopause or gynaecological surgery. Bec also treats children with day wetting, bed wetting (enuresis), soiling and functional constipation. Bec also has experience in musculoskeletal physiotherapy with a special interest in running and dry needling.
She has a special interest in male and female bladder and bowel dysfunction, pelvic organ prolapse and pelvic pain.
Outside of work, Bec loves to run, swim and take her dog to the beach. Bec works at Cowaramup Surgery on Friday.
Jenny Pope – Physiotherapist / Lymphoedema Practitioner
Jenny has completed advanced training in the assessment, treatment and management of Lymphoedema, and related conditions. She has advanced skills in this field including the measurement and fitting of compressive garments and exercise-based rehabilitation.
Outside of work, Jenny loves to run and swim with local groups. Jenny works at Cowaramup Surgery on Tuesday.
Services that Jenny provides:
- Assessment, measurement & tailored lymphoedema treatment plan
- Bio-Impedance Spectroscopy (L-Dex) for early detection and monitoring of unilateral limb lymphoedema
- Compression Therapy – bandaging, compression garments, Intermittent Pneumatic Compression (IPC) pumps (both as therapy and machine hire)
- Skin care/wound management
- Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT)
- Pre and post surgery education
- Post cancer surgery rehabilitation
- Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) massage
- Exercise education/programmes – including water-based exercises using hydrostatic pressure
- Psycho-social aspects of health within scope of practice referring to other HPs as required
- Prophylactic compression garments prescription & fitting
Daniel Symons – Physiotherapist
Daniel has extensive experience in musculo-skeletal, sports and orthopedic presentations. He focuses on a thorough assessment and explanation of the presenting condition, and has a strong focus on exercise-based rehabilitation and self-management strategies. He has experience in dry needling, pre + post-operative rehabilitation, taping and return-to-sport management. Daniel loves to surf, spearfish, fish and explore the south-west region. He works at Cowaramup Surgery on Wednesday.