Professor Andrew Jan is an Adjunct Professor with the School of Medicine, University of Notre Dame Fremantle; A qualified Medical Acupuncturist and Fellow of the Australian Medical Acupuncture College; and a Specialist Emergency Physician with the Australian College of Emergency Medicine (retired). He has both an Arts degree and a Master’s degree in Philosophy. Andrew is involved in acupuncture and emergency medicine research. He has published several papers on the use of acupuncture on several topics including symptom control in prostate cancer and pain management in the emergency department. Prof. Jan completed his PhD on the latter topic.
Prof. Jan’s Mission Statement
- To both help and be dedicated to patients with their pain management.
- To utilise the range of standard evidence-based therapies (from pharmacological to procedural interventions) that both benefit and have reduced harm in the short and long term.
- To mitigate harm by minimising opioid usage and high-risk procedures.
- To incorporate, where evidenced-based, non-pharmacological methods such as acupuncture, meditation, diet, exercises, yogic stretches and Tai Chi.
- To ensure that severe or treatable conditions are not missed and to utilise in collaboration with your usual GP investigations and imaging as needed.
Private Fees (Medicare Rebate Applies)
Consultation and Acupuncture
- Item 193 < 20 mins ($100.00)
- Item 197 > 20 mins ($145.00)
- Item 199 > 40 mins ($180.00)
- Item 53 < 25 mins ($80.00)
- Item 54 > 25 mins ($98.00)
- Item 57 > 45 mins ($120.00)
- Item 91892 < 6 mins ($46.00)
- Item 91893 > 6 mins ($85.00)